T&J Constructions was awarded the Dillon’s Highway formation and sheeting contract by DPTI.
This project involved, extraction, storage and carting water for construction purposes from turkey nest dam which T&J constructed and installed liners.
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- Location and protection of all existing services from construction damage within the maintenance activity zone;
- Formation works of 15km of roadway which also included creating table drains and shaping of the existing road formation to meet the DPTI specification
- Shape the existing road formation and floodways
- Precondition raised pavement material stacked at Nappa Merrie pit which is located on the Aventura way utilising a Pugmill;
- Load and haul preconditioned pavement material utilising road train side tippers.
- Grade the preconditioned pavement material to the preferred cross section and compact to 98% modified while ensuring the correct pavement thickness.
May 2020 – August 2020
Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure DPTI