- Clearing and grubbing of 50,000m2
- Bulk excavating and filling 10,000m3
- Constructing 7,000m2 of asphalt paving
- Constructing 2,000m2 of Deep Lift asphalt paving
- Installing 790 metres of stormwater infrastructure
- Building 60 metres of 1200 x 900 RCBC
- Supplying and installing 180 m2 of rock pitching
- Various, kerbing, electrical and landscaping work
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- T & J Constructions began the DPTI road works approaching summer as this allowed us to achieve the dry back DPTI required. The material had good moisture content following winter and was suitable for filling without the addition of too much water.
- T & J Constructions then stripped the topsoil and terraced the existing batter to key in the new fill. Then the retaining wall was constructed prior to the infill being placed.
The next step was the construction of the pavement and the turning lane during dry back as we reconstructed the centre lane.
- Once both lanes had reached appropriate dry back, we then spray sealed to DPTI specs using stop go traffic to maintain traffic access.
Mount Barker, South Australia
October 2017 – August 2018