Stage 1 of a joint project between the City of Adelaide and State Government to upgrade the laneways connecting Adelaide Central Market to Adelaide Riverbank. Improvements to elements such as paving, lighting, trees, landscaping, street furniture and public art took place in order to contribute towards the economic viability of the area.
Bank St Works included pre-existing pavement and replacement with decorative custom granite pavers. New services were installed including stormwater, gas, electrical, coms and irrigation. Additionally, the construction of concrete foundations for tall overhead arbor structures and a large modern art structure took place.
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- Service Location.
- Traffic Management.
- Excavation of existing CST.
- Stormwater installation.
- Electrical trenching.
- Repairs to irrigation mains.
- Demolition of existing footpaths.
- Boxout for new footpath.
- Concrete works for new footpath and laying of granite paving.
- Installation of structural steel reinforcement.
- Traffic light installation.
- Excavation for deep concrete footings for arbor structure.
- Installation of arbor structures.
Adelaide, South Australia
City of Adelaide
April – December 2017