The Sussex Terrace, Grange Road & Salisbury Crescent Roundabout Upgrade works formed part of the Blackspot Program for 2018/19.
- The new works involved an extensive 4-week program that consisted of:
Demolition works of the existing annulus, protuberances and splitter islands.
- Re-instatement works included pouring of new annulus, kerb & gutter, protuberances & Pram Ramps.
- Landscaping works included the upgrade of the internal area of the annulus and making good of the existing paving.
- Pavement works included profiling of the existing pavement and overlay 40 mm of asphalt.
The new design was complex in nature due to the working hours and short construction program, all construction processes were carefully planned to maintain continual operation across separate work fronts to maintain project milestones.
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- New installation of services including; sewer, potable & non-potable water, electrical, gas & NBN.
- Concrete kerbing and Asphalting.
- Brick Paving of intersections.
- Liaising with service authorities during the construction process.
Grange Road & Sussex Terrace
July 2019 – Aug 2019