This project involved using bulk earthworks to construct a detention basin along the northern expressway, in order to protect the roads from flooding and erosion. Using a small fleet of large plant, T & J Constructions moved 200,000 cubic meters of earth within 10 weeks, in the middle of winter.
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- Removal of existing trees and vegetation.
- Earthworks to create basin banks & floor.
- Excavation of low flow channels.
- Construction of access tracks and ramps.
- Smith Creek Bulk Earthworks.
- Installation of Reno Mattress.
- Installation of Gabions.
- Installation of Scour Protection Rock.
- Stormwater pit & pipe installation.
- Stormwater headwall installation.
- Landscaping; planting low flow channel & spraying seed
Penfield, South Australia
March 2017 – August 2017
City of Playford