The upgrade of Reservoir Road as Stage 1 and 2 of the Main Roads and Gateways Program. Stage 1 of the project consisted of the civil, drainage and irrigation works within the area from Reservoir Road between North East Road and the western side of Smart Road, including Modbury avenue and the Reservoir Road central median. Stage 2 extended from the intersection of Smart Road and Reservoir Road in Crozier Avenue along the western side, and Apalie Drive on the eastern side.
The upgrade of the road called for the demolition of the existing roads, footpaths, kerbing and streetscape within the area, and replacement with new pavement, concrete paths with block paving, and kerbs. An underbore was also carried out for the installation of new irrigation conduits.
KEY CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
- Demolition and disposal of existing bitumen roads, block paving, kerb, ramps and concrete paths.
- Construction of concrete pavement with block paving.
- Bitumen reinstatement.
- Construction of new kerbing and ramps.
- Underboring Reservoir Road for installation of irrigation mains.
- Electrical trenching and installation.
- Landscaping and maintenance.
- Installation of new bench chairs.
June – November 2017
City of Tea Tree Gully